Stardew Valley (Switch)
A bit of preamble, I’m including games new to me in 2017, not just newly released. I also include Nintendo Switch games here, because I’ve played the system undocked at least 80% of the time.
Anyway, I knew I’d enjoy Stardew Valley, but held off because I knew it would be a huge time sink. I steeled myself to wait for the Switch release once that was announced, and I ended up putting over fifty hours into the game over the course of a month or two. However, I feel that I’ve gotten what I wanted out of Stardew Valley, and I’m unlikely to go back to it, which is why it’s on the outside looking in for 2017.
Project Octopath Traveler Demo (Switch)
10) Kingdom: New Lands (Switch)
9) Picross S (Switch)/Picross e8 (3DS)
8) Battle Chef Brigade (Switch)
7) Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Switch)
6) Golf Story
5) Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past
4) SteamWorld Dig 2
3) Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
2) Super Mario Odyssey
1) The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
By Michael Nanthachack, #TeamHandheld Fan